Friday 23 January 2015

Motivation- Think. Some Thing Different



A differently abled person - deaf and dumb - completed his studies obtaining “A” grade.  Thereafter he attended many interviews and passed in written exams but was unable to get a job as he could not answer oral questions due to his inability to hear or speak.  He would request them to give the questions in writing so that he could respond but prospective employers did not oblige.
His elder brother met me and explained the plight of his younger brother.  He said that they had enough wealth to support his brother for his life time but he was adamant to live off his own earnings.
I then picked up a piece of paper and wrote my advice on it.  I gave it to him and asked him to pass it on to his brother to be used during his subsequent interview which will guarantee employment.
He did and got employed with a big organisation as a senior officer.  What was me recommendation that got him the job?

I had asked him give a written submission as under:

I am a differently abled youth.  I will not waste my working hours chatting with other employees as I cannot speak or hear.  I will be able to concentrate on my work with 100% dedication and without any mental diversions.

Moral:  You can turn your drawbacks to advantages if you are able to think differently.


No comments:

Post a Comment