Sunday 18 January 2015

Building a Mighty Nation – Abraham Lincoln

Motivation, Building a Mighty Nation Abraham Lincoln

It is a known fact that Abraham Lincoln is the son of a Cobbler. It was a great achievement that a cobbler’s son fought his way up in the ladder to reach the highest and powerful position in the world. When he became the President of USA, it took the entire nation by surprise.

Even though most of the nation accepted his capability and started respecting him, there were still certain sect of bureaucrats who could not digest his ascension. 

Once when Abraham Lincoln was in the American Parliament, an Aristocrat who was deeply immersed in the old patterned lifestyle of money and power stood up and said,

“Mr.President, It is a great occasion that you are about to deliver your inaugural speech in the parliament and I would like to recall your father and the shoe he made for me 40 years back…”

He lifted his leg and showed the shoe to every one present and laughed.

Abraham Lincoln stood up, smiled and told the person,

“My father was a great technician that he made a shoe that had lasted for 40 years and I am proud that the shoe made by him is still of service to you even after 40 years.”

He also added,

“You may not probably know that I was also fully trained by my father and I am good at shoe making. If you get into any problem with the shoes, you can very well bring that to me, I can mend it and give additional life to it”

A loud applause erupted in the parliament rocking the entire building. The president further added,
“I know how to make shoes and also to make a nation, let’s now get into the business of making a mighty nation”


It was not just a statement, but an inspiration that later made USA as the most powerful nation in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment